Saturday, 4 June 2016

New Term - New Job - New Classroom


Well it was a quick turnaround from being offered the job to starting... to cut a long story short, the school that I've been coaching Netball at for the past 3 years has recently opened a Special Education Unit. Up until now I have been unavailable to work in the unit, but as serendipitous as life can be, a job for the rest of the year came up and the AP & HT were very accommodating in allowing me to do 3 days a week (and finding someone to do the other 2)! So I'm back in the teaching game... sharing a class... in a high school... teaching 8 year eight boys! It's very different to what I've done before, but I'm relishing the challenge and chance to teach again.

I've walked into a blank slate - pretty much! There wasn't much left from the previous teacher, and despite it being a new class (which comes with funding) there wasn't much furniture. But after spending some time in there and bringing my stuff in, I've started to create a really great learning space. Here is a look at the space pre-makeover. I'll be posting post-pics once the new furniture we've ordered arrives - did I mention I have a serious obsession with organisation and storage?!?!?

View from door looking towards front of classroom

View from door looking towards opposite side of classroom

View from front of classroom looking towards back towards the door

View from front of classroom looking towards the back of the class

To keep with the colours already in the room (new carpet and display boards were added last year) I've used a blue/green/turquoise colour theme in the room (as seen her in my classroom calendar - printables from School Girl Style) and managed to pick up some magazine boxes in the same colours.

Side display board before

Side display board after - monthly and weekly class calendar
Stay tuned for updated pics of my space, and check out some of my latest products which have been road tested by my kiddos!!! 


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete