Friday, 6 November 2015

Five for Friday - 6th November, 2015


I've finally joined in the fun of Five for Friday - make sure you head over and link up with Kasey.

Here are my five random things for this week:

This week kicked off with the Gray family stealing away for our first official, non-work related, family holiday! While it was only for 4 days, we had an amazing time at Turtle Beach Resort, on the Gold Coast, Australia. 

The boys were VERY excited to be going on a plane - for the first time!

We had a play at Mermaid beach - you can see Surfers Paradise in the background

The splash zone - complete with dumping bucket!!! (License to be a big kid)

The boys in the kids lagoon trying our their new floaties

Lachie conquered the slides on the splash zone!

It is a wonderful resort catering to families with self-catering 2, 3 & 4 bedroom apartments, 4 pool areas (including an adults ONLY pool), a splash zone, tennis courts, 15-hole Putt Putt golf course, cinema, kids club... the list goes on! We all had a fabulous experience spending quality time as a family!

I took the time to start updating some of my older products - new covers, fonts, credits and TOU pages were one the agenda! I'm still working through them all, but I'm getting there. 

Be sure to pop over to my stores and grab yourself a FREEBIE... or two!

http://designedbyteachers.com.au/marketplace/egyptian-hieroglyphs/       http://designedbyteachers.com.au/marketplace/journal-writing-tasks-year-3-4/ 

http://designedbyteachers.com.au/marketplace/numeracy-investigation-fractions-decimals/      http://designedbyteachers.com.au/marketplace/australian-feral-animal-hunt-maths-game/

 
I became a collaborator for Australian Teachers Collaborative Blog - I feel very privileged and honoured to be working alongside some amazing educators to show case what we're doing in our classrooms and homes! 

http://australianteachers.blogspot.com.au/


Hubby and I came together to do some testing at the Illawarra Sports High for the Talented Sports Development Program kids using some timing gates he borrowed from the University of Wollongong - they are far easier and much more accurate then using stop watches to record students time when doing fitness testing. We had a mate come down to show the kids how to do each test. 


Thursday's testing was a practice for next year when we do fitness testing on ALL the kids in the TSDP. We will then repeat the testing throughout the year and students sporting career to see their development in a numbers and graph format!!! Who doesn't love a bit of technology?!?!?!?


PROUD MUMMY MOMENT!!!! When I went to pick the boys up from preschool yesterday after a long and tiring day at work, I got a lovely surprise when my eldest son's teacher showed me these pieces of work...

Tracing with correct pencil grip

Writing independently

Drawing shapes independently - including a circle, rectangle, square, triangle and arch!

Tracing the alphabet!

It appears that our son can write on his own!!!! I had my suspicions he was capable of this, so it is nice to finally see it!!!! I was elated and ever so proud!!! Watching my son's grow up has to be the best part of being a mummy!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment