Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Daring to Dream - #TpTSellerChallenge

Week 2 of the #TpTSellerChallenge is here... 

and it's all about 'daring to dream'.

Since joining TpT back in 2011, I have always hoped that I could get to a point where I had the time to make fabulous resources and share them with the world wide teaching community. Since I graduated from my Undergraduate degree, my dreams and ambitions have changed - both professionally and personally. 
Since having my boys I have realised how much I want to be around to watch them grow up and be a parent they're proud of and want around. While hubby is chasing his professional dreams, mine have shifted and are now focused on being here for our boys. I also want to be here for my husband and support him in his journey. Before we were married, we had discussed how we wanted to raise our children, with an emphasis on at least one of us always being around and available for them. While he keeps getting these amazing career opportunities and is so passionate about progressing in his field I feel I should be supporting him and our family - my time will come! And in the meantime, here is what I hope my future holds, with the help of Teachers Pay Teachers.

So what are my dreams for my TpT business? 

 

1. Become a solid secondary income:  I would love to find the time to create wonderful, inventive and creative resources that teachers want to use (and in turn purchase) so that we have a steady income coming in from my sales. While we are very blessed to be able to live comfortably on one wage, it is nice to have a little extra in the bank so we can enjoy life as a family - a trip to Sydney for the day, or a weekend in the country or up/down the coast. It'd be great to even fund an overseas trip to Disneyland on my TpT earnings!!! 

2. Team Teach: I would love to get back into the classroom and work along side an amazing teacher - one with similar yet different ideas, who enjoys being challenged and learning new things. I want to share the role so that I can be around for my children but also keep up my profession and love of teaching. This would also give me time to create more resources for my TpT store.

3. Become a Top Level Netball Coach: The aim of this was daring to dream right? Well, if you haven't figured it out I am a real Netball Nut! But unfortunately due to injury I can no longer play - and as the saying suggests:

 Those who Can't, Teach

and with that I hope to not only impart what knowledge of the game I have onto younger, more fit and able players, but also develop my knowledge and skills of the game by attending courses and being mentored by some of the great coaches, locally and nationally. Being able to have an income from TpT would help make this a reality.

4. Travel: While I haven't as yet done much travel, it has always been something I've aspired to do. I would love to share these experiences with my husband and our boys, and it would be great if my TpT earnings could help us achieve this!

If you'd like to get involved and participate in the #TpTSellerChallenge then make sure to check out the directions for participation through Third in HollyWood, Sparkling in Second, Peppy Zesty Teacherista and Teach Create Motivate.

What are your dreams?


No comments:

Post a Comment