Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Australia Day Linky Party & Resources


 
Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!!
 
We are still enjoying our Christmas/summer holidays here in Australia, but it's never too early to think about what you're going to do in those first few days back at work.

Those first 1-2 weeks  can be stressful, especially for new teachers, as they are about getting to know your kids, basic assessment and data collection, setting up the classroom, taking new enrolments and settling in new staff. So, whether you’ve got a class of baby-faced kindy’s, or a bunch of year 6 student’s eager to take on the role of playground kings and queens, you will be in need of some activities that are educational as well as engaging, and to some extent, independent.

This is why I wanted to create a Blog Link Party, so that my fellow Australian teachers, and those who teach abroad, could share their favourite resources for celebrating Australia Day - and surviving the first few days and weeks of school! So add your blog button below and join in the sharing of resources!


Australia Day activities:
January 26th is Australia’s official day – it’s a day we celebrate all that is great about being an Aussie! Officially, the day is about commemorating the landing of The First Fleet (in 1788) and the colonisation of Australia, but in today’s society it is about celebrating our diverse cultural society and mateship – BBQs are a familiar site on this day, and are shared with family and friends either in our backyards, by the beach, river or the local park.
Below is a list of some activities I like to do in my classes, including my own resources “Let's learn about Australia”, "Australian Activity Matrix" and “AustralianGold Rush”, which can be purchased over at my TpT store.
Aussie Clue Cracker – this would be best suited to your Stage 2 & 3 students
Australian Activity Matrix

Grab the button, re-post in your latest blog and share the love!!! Best of luck for the New Year everyone, I hope it is a great one!!! xo
 
http://mymumtheteacher.blogspot.com.au/

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christie, I have just stumbled across your blog. I don't have any Australia Day Activities to link up but if you do another link up let me know and I will contribute. Also I noticed on your site you have Teachers Pay Teachers, I have only just noticed this on another blog a few days ago. What is it?
    Cheers Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    Thank you for checking out my blog!!! Please feel free to link your blog anyway! It's always great to share blogs and create a large network - I'm sure you'll come across some things as it gets closer to school starting.
    TpT is just a place to sell the activities and resources you have created - its an American site, there is an Australia site as well (can't remember its title at this point). It's great for when you're looking for something specific, as someone, somewhere would have created a resource for it! :-)
    Feel free to email me if you have any questions, or want to link up more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog via Aussie Bloggers Christie. What a great concept. I'm a teacher and blogger and will come back with a link :)

    ReplyDelete