Wednesday, 31 July 2013

A uni assignment I'm excited about?...

Well it's been a while since I was on here... I do apologise for my lack of interaction. It's been a busy year thus far, with our renovations beginning in January and finishing just in time for our latest addition, William John, to arrive and join our family (3rd June, weighing 8lbs8oz, 54cm long).

Along with all of this, I decided it would be a good idea to begin my Masters Degree in Special Education! While it times it has been tough getting some assignments done running around after a toddler, I am really looking forward to this semester's assignments (who has ever said that?) I am doing two subjects this session, one being Behaviour Management - a very worthwhile and interesting subject so far (I will share some interesting findings with you all later) and my other subject is Assessment of Students with High Support Needs. It is this subject that is proving to be very interesting with worthwhile and practical assignments.

One of them is a book bag - I need to create a series of multi sensory learning tools to accompany a children's story book. I will then have to video myself reading this story and using the multi-sensory tools. I haven't ever come across this before, but am really looking forward to exploring what I can create and use to make story time more exciting for my students.

I look forward to sharing my learnings with you all. Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment