Thursday, 17 May 2012

Baking time

My lovely husband and son know that I love to bake (and they love tasting my efforts) so for Mother's Day they kindly got me a voucher to spend at our local DIY Cake place. While I am planning to experiment with my purchases this weekend, I did wake early this morning and decide to try making some Oreo Cupcakes! Using the Perfectly Chocolate Cupcakes recipe from Glorious Treats Blog I made 24 chocolately cupcakes!


The icing was a combination of Wilton Butter Cream icing recipe (for those of us in Australia, you can use softened Copha where it says shortening).

Combine 250g Copha, 250g Butter, 2 tbls vanilla extract, 4 cups Pure Icing Sugar and if it's a little stiff, add milk gradually until desired consistency, and about 1/2 pk of crushed Oreo biscuits.



 They look lovely, and from all reports taste devine!!!! I used mini Oreo's to decorate, as I felt the large ones would overpower the cupcake.


1 comment:

  1. Those look so yummy!

    I would love for you to come follow me back when you get the chance. I know you have visited but I have been having issues with Blogger and my followers. =(

    I love your blog. Have you ever had a class of penpals?


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete